洛依:你们舞蹈演员吃什么?
What do dancers eat?
玛拉:哦,舞蹈演员吃-有营养的、脂肪少的
Oh,,dull things mostly.Nutritious yet not fatting.
洛依:啊,今晚例外。你这有什么特别的菜吗?
Oh,no,not tonight.(To waiter)What could you suggest that would be particularly rich and indigestible.
侍者:龙虾不错,先生!
The crepes,is very nice sir.
玛拉:嗯
En.
侍者:还有酒
And wine.
洛依:稍微喝点淡酒不违犯你们舞蹈演员的规矩吧?
It isn't against the rules for a dancer t drink a little wine,is it?
玛拉:哦,今晚上
Well, tonight……
洛依:喝4盎
Good,Number Forty please.
侍者:40块,先生
Number Forty.
洛依:你的舞跳得很美
The ballet was beautiful.
玛拉:我看不见得
Madame dindn't think so.
洛依:啊,内行不懂,只有外行懂,我给你说跳得很美
Well,experts never know,It takes outsidersto know,and I tell you it was beautiful.
玛拉:这说明你确实是外行
Taht certainly proves you'er an outsider.
洛伊:很高兴再见到我吗?
Roy: Are you glad to see me again?
玛拉:是的。
Myra: Yes.
洛伊:我感到你有保留。
Roy: I sense a reservation.
玛拉:我想是有的。
Myra: Well, I suppose there is one.
洛伊:那是什么?为什么?
Roy: What? Why?
玛拉:有什么好处呢?
Myra: What‘s the good of it?
洛伊:你是个奇怪的女孩,是不是?有什么好?对生活什么是好的?
Roy: You‘re a strange girl, aren’t you? What‘s the good of anything? What’s the good of living?
玛拉:这也是个问题。
Myra: That‘s a question too.
洛伊:不,等一下。我不会让你那么想。生活中美好的事就是会发生这种事情。在空袭的阴影下我遇见了你,这比和平时代到处闲逛,视生命为理所当然要好得多,觉得更充实。我仍不明白。
Roy: Oh, now wait a minute. I‘m not going to let you get away with that. The wonderful things about living is that, this sort of thing can happen. In the shadow of a death raid, I can meet you and feel more intensely alive than walking around in peacetime and taking my life for granted. I still don’t get it, not quite.
玛拉:什么?
Myra: What?
洛伊:你的脸真年轻,真美。
Roy: Your face. It‘s all youth, all beauty
玛拉:你仍不明白什么。
Myra: What is it you still don‘t get?
洛伊:今天下午我离开你时,我记不起你的长相,这辈子也不会记得。我想,她美吗?她丑吗?她长得什么样?我不记得。甚至非得到剧院去看你的长相。
Roy: You know, when I left you this afternoon, I couldn‘t remember what you looked like, not for the life for me. I thought, was she pretty? Was she ugly? What was she like? I couldn’t remember. I simply had to get to that theater tonight to see what she looked like.
玛拉:你觉得现在记住了吗?
Myra: Do you think you will remember me now?
洛伊:我想是的。一辈子记住。
Roy: I think so, I think so, for the rest of my life.
玛拉:你到底有什么不明白的呢?
Myra: But what is it about me you still don‘t get?
男人:各位,现在是今晚的最后一曲。希望你们享受这个告别的华尔兹。
Man: Ladies and gentlemen, we now come to the last dance of the evening. I hope you enjoy the farewell waltz.
洛伊:待会儿告诉你,我们跳舞吧。
Roy: I‘ll tell you later. Let’s dance now.
玛拉:这些烛光是什么意思?
Myra: What does it mean, these candles?
洛伊:你会明白的。
Roy: You‘ll find out.
地而天清晨,吗拉和凯娣在物资里面。
Myra:I shall have to get this catch mended.