《魔戒》经典台词
and sometimes you didn`t want to know the end
有时候你不想知道结局
because how could the end be happy?
因为怎可能有快乐结局?
how could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened?
发生了这么多可怕的事情,这个世界怎可能回到从前
but in the end,it`s only a passing thing this shadow-even darkness must pass.
但是最后可怕的阴影终究会消失,就连黑暗也会消失
a new day will come.
崭新的一天将会来临
and when the sun shines,it will shine out the clearer.
太阳也会散发更明亮的光芒
those were the stories that stayed with you that meant something.
这些才是让人永生难忘意义非凡的感人故事
even if you were too small to understand why.
即使你太年轻不明白为什么
but i think, mr.frodo,i do understand.i know now.
但是我想我明白了,佛罗多先生,我现在知道了
folk in these stories had lots of chances of turning back,only they didn`t.
故事里的主角有很多的半途而废的机会但是他们并没有
they kept going because they were holding on to something. what are we holding on to,sam?
他们勇往直前因为他们抱着一种信念。我们抱着什么信念,山姆?
that there`s some good in this world,mr.frodo.and it`s worth fighting for.
在这个世界上一定存在着善良值得我们奋战到底!
I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of Men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the Age of Men comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we fight! it`s all wrong.
这不公平
by rights,we shouldn`t even be here.
我们本就不该来
but we are.
可是我们却在这里了
it`s like in the great stories,mr.frodo.
这就象我们听过的伟大故事,佛罗多先生.
the ones that really mattered.
歌颂伟大的事迹
full of darkness and danger they were.
充满了黑暗和危险
人类也许会有失去勇气的那一天,我们也许会抛弃朋友,背叛同伴,
但绝不是今天!豺狼横行,人类的时代也许会逝去,但绝不是今天!
今天我们会浴血奋战!为了这美丽的大地上,你我珍视的一切!我
命令你们,西方的人们!坚强战斗! (阿拉贡)
Sam: Its me. Its your Sam. Dont you know your Sam?
Frod I cant do this, Sam.
Sam: I know. Its all wrong. By rights we shouldnt even be here. But we are. Its like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didnt want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened?
Sam: But in the end, its only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back only they didnt. Because they were holding on to something.
Frod What are we holding on to, Sam?
Sam: Theres some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And its worth fighting for
我办不到,山姆
我知道,这都是不正常的。实际上,我们甚至本不该在这,但是我们来了。好像在那些伟大的故事中,佛罗多先生。那些真正重大的事,它们充满了黑暗和危险,你常常不想知道结局,因为结局怎么可能是快乐的?这世界怎么可能回到它从前的轨迹,那么多坏事还没发生的时候?
但是最后,这股阴影终究会消失,甚至连黑暗也必定会退散,崭新的一天将会来临,太阳也会闪烁更明亮的光芒。那些伴随着你的故事,它们意味着一些东西,就算你太渺小不明白为什么。但是我想,佛罗多先生,我确实了解了,我现在明白了,故事的角色,有很多的机会转回头,只是他们没有,他们继续向前,因为他们坚持着什么。
我们坚持着什么,山姆?